In this post I would like to briefly explain the makeup course from the University of Makeup and the pros and cons. It is my personal University of Makeup review after I’m examined the site and completed the My Makeup Course.
My main business is online advertising even though I’m a woman. I’ve never learned how to apply makeup and so I decided to join the makeup course. The University of Makeup’s courses are online makeup courses. You watch all the video tutorials from their website or you can download it to your computer. Each course also comes with a manual that contains all the notes of the training videos.
All three courses are very much the same. The Full Makeup Course only contains more training videos and other extras that are useful when starting your own makeup business. I don’t want to start my own makeup business but I wanted to learn how to apply makeup correctly on myself. Therefore I joined the My Makeup Course. The Bridal Makeup Course, as I understand, is basically the same. There are just a few videos that are different.
I was a bit skeptical at first and after viewing the first 2 videos I wasn’t sure if this was going to work out for me. But I kept going and found myself sitting in front of the computer for hours watching how Anneke applies makeup on herself. She really has a great way of teaching, especially when you get used to her accent. I then actually realized that I’m learning a lot of new stuff here that wasn’t too difficult to apply at all.
I didn’t take the makeup kit option so I bought some makeup and brushes from my local makeup store that was very similar to the items Anneke used in the videos. I then watched the videos one by one and tried the same techniques on myself. It was wonderful to finally learn how to use the brushes correctly and what makeup I have to apply at what stage in the whole process. After many hours of training I’m feeling real confident to apply makeup not only on myself but even on others. It feels great to learn new things.
Here are some of the pros and cons according to me:
- Tutorials are easy to understand.
- A ton of makeup training content and tips.
- Helpful manual that comes with the course. It contains so many makeup tips.
- I received quick support when I didn’t understand something.
- I received some helpful ebooks that cover things like skincare, acne, hands, feet, mouth, hair care and even weight loss.
- MAC face charts which I enjoy to try out.
- No monthly fees.
- It took me a few videos to get into the online training thing.
- The course has a payment plan but not when you take the kit as well.
- It depleted my internet usage very fast. There are more than 10GB of video. You can also choose the DVD set and they will send it to you. I believe it has 5 or 6 DVDs in the set.
- You can only receive a certificate when you complete the Full Makeup Course.
I hope you found this review of the University of Makeup useful. Have a look at their makeup courses and see if it’s something you want to do.